This morning we’re talking about songs your should never, ever play at a wedding. Our morning show assistant Chuck “The Wild Buck” often DJs at weddings, and told us that someone actually requested him to play Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep” – a great song, yes, but wedding friendly it is not. The song is a bitter ode to a cheating boyfriend, not exactly the kind of tune you want to represent your new union.
That got us thinking about other songs that would be completely inappropriate to play at weddings and came across a list from Cosmo that had a few great picks:
1. “Speak Now” by Taylor Swift. This song is about someone interrupting a ceremony in progress to stop the groom from marrying his bride.
2. “D-I-V-O-R-C-E” by Tammy Wynette. For obvious reasons…
3. “Every Breath You Take” by The Police. This is one of the most misunderstood songs in music. Don’t let the beautiful melody distract you, the song is about a stalker.
4. “Jumper” by Third Eye Blind. THIS SONG IS ABOUT A MAN JUMPING OFF A BUILDING. Not exactly something you want to put in your hubby’s head.
5. “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba. This song isn’t appropriate anywhere.
Can you think of any other songs that would be inappropriate to play at weddings? Share them in the comments below!Comments