BURBANK (CBSLA.com) — President Barack Obama’s visit to the Southland has prompted a traffic advisory from local authorities.
The President will arrive on Air Force One Thursday afternoon for an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” and to attend a Democratic National Committee fundraiser.
He will stay overnight and depart Friday for Phoenix, officials said.
The Los Angeles Police Department has encouraged motorists to avoid the following areas during his visit on Thursday:
- The area around Sepulveda Blvd between Lincoln Bl & Century Bl from 3:00pm – 5:00p.m.
- The area around North Hollywood Way between West Empire Ave & N.Glenoaks Bl 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- The area around Sheldon St between Roscoe Bl & San Fernando Rd from 3:30p.m. – 5:00p.m.
- The area around Highland Ave between The Hollywood Bowl & Sunset Bl from 4:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
- The area around Ocean Ave between Pico Bl & San Vicente Bl from 4:00p.m. – 7:30p.m
- The area around San Vicente Bl between Ocean Ave & 25th St from 4:00p.m. – 7:30p.m.
- The area around Ocean Ave between San Vicente Bl & Pico Blvd from 6:00p.m- 8:00p.m.
- The area around Overland Ave between National Place & Tennessee Ave from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- The area around W. Pico Bl between Overland Ave and Century Park East 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Avenue of the Stars between W. Pico Bl & W. Olympic Bl from 7:00 p.m.– 8:30 p.m.
Due to the street closures, the following bus routes will be rerouted to utilize alternate stops during the above listed times: MTA bus #156, #212, #217, #222 & #312. Riders should contact the MTA for any alternate locations.
There will be a hard street closure in the northbound and southbound lanes of Sepulveda Blvd, between Lincoln Blvd and Century Blvd for an eight minute period between 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.